What are you worried about


Looking out my office window this morning I see the trees that are putting on the new growth. The birds are singing in the trees. The new day is dawning.  All of God’s nature is rejoicing. The reality came crashing down, about the troublesome times we are living in. Then questions  begin popping up in my mind.  I will not bore you with all of them because you know what questions there are because you have them to.  But the big question is will we make it?

My mother used to say to the family when things were not going good, “don’t worry about it!” She even called us worry warts.  Whatever that was I never did know.  But she was trying to tell us not to worry because she knew that God was in charge.

I then turned my heart and eyes back to the window and again saw how God is working in nature.  I thought of these passage of scripture.

Matt 6: 25-30 Says stop worrying.  “That’s why I’m telling you to stop worrying about your lifewhat you will eat or what you will drinkor about your body what you will wear. Life is more than food, isn’t it, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds in the sky. They don’t plant or harvest or gather food into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. You are more valuable than they are, aren’t you? 27 Can any of you add a single hour to the length of your life by worrying? 28 And why do you worry about clothes? Consider the lilies in the field and how they grow. They don’t work or spin yarn, 29 but I tell you that not even Solomon in all of his splendor was clothed like one of them. 30 Now if that is the way God clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and thrown into an oven tomorrow, won’t he clothe you much better—you who have little faith?”

Mahalia Jackson sang this song.
“Why should I feel discouraged? And why should the shadows come? Why should my heart feel lonely And long for heavenly home. When Jesus is my portion? And my constant friend is He. You know, his eye is on the little sparrow And I know he cares for you and me, His eye is on the little sparrow And I know God is watching over you and me.
I sing because my soul is happy. I sing because I'm free, For His eye, it is on the little sparrow And I know He's watching over you and me.”


Comments