His eyes are upon you



Luke 22 :61
"And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the words of the Lord."
Judas had sold Jesus for thirty pieces of silver.  They had brought Jesus to high Priest’s house. The multitude had gathered and the trial of Jesus had begun.
Some had make eye contact with Peter and made accusation against Him saying you are one of the followers of Christ . But three times Peter denied the Lord.
While he was speaking his last denial then the rooster crowed !!!!
Then something happened “ The Lord turned and Looked at Peter.” Of all of the people that was there Jesus found Peter and look into His eyes.
Then Peter remembered the words of the Lord.
What did he remember?  Look at v.31 “ The Lord Simon, Simon! Indeed Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail.”
What did Peter see when He saw the Lord looking at Him? Love, Compassion and forgiveness! Then Peter went out and wept bitterly.
Psalms 34:15 “ The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are opened to their cry.
Can you ever remember when the Lord looked into your eyes?
Civilla Martin wrote this song in 1905
“Why should I feel discouraged Why should the shadows come Why should my heart feel lonely And long for heaven and home When Jesus is my portion A constant friend is He His eye is on the sparrow And I know He watches over me.”
Let not your heart be troubled; these tender words I hear; And resting on his goodness I lose my doubts and fears; For by the path He leadeth but one step I may see; His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me. His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.”
Whenever I am tempted; whenever clouds arise; When songs give place to sighing; when hope within me dies; I draw the closer to Him; from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me. His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.”

Comments