The Word



While reading in my devotions this morning,  I read these words.  Ezekiel 1:3 “The word of the Lord came expressly to Ezekiel .”

Then as I begin reading more I found these words throughout the book,  “The word of the Lord came to me saying.“  Every place I saw these words God had a message for Ezekiel!
Now I will not try to talk about the many messages Ezekiel received but let me express a few words about God’s word.
Maybe it time that we take down the black book.  You know, the one, it’s called “The Bible.”   You might have to dust it off, but it’s still the same as it was when you laid it down.
During this time of wanting something to do, get alone with God and His word and see if God might have something  expressly for you. My guess is He will .  
A message  of Love, Grace, Joy, Peace, Comfort  and  Forgiveness . Those are just a few things that God wants to express to you.
So get alone with God and His word and see if you can hear the message expressly that God has just for you.
I don’t mean just read it.  I mean as you read, listen for God’s voice to speak. For He will speak, but you have to hear!
So turn off your electronic devices and spend some time with God and His word today.  
Psalm 119:5 “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”


Comments

I've been thinking about this a lot during these days. And making an effort to make Bible reading a priority. I don't know why I'm always amazed at the peace it brings.