Alone with Jesus



Stay home is the word of the day. Don’t go out unless it is important. Wash your hands,  stay away from places where there are ten or more people.  We all know the meaning don’t we.
I have a question that some are asking . What to do with our time.  
Some have been wondering how to find more time to talk with Jesus. Why not take this time of being closed in to get alone with Him?
Many times while Jesus was on the earth he would take the disciples to a quite place to fellowship and just talk to them. I don’t know how many times that happened, but as we read the New Testament we can find Jesus alone with them. I do know that every time it happened Jesus had great truths for them.
So during this time of being closed up in your houses take time to be alone with Jesus.
One of the last times that Jesus called his disciples together was in Matthew 26 at the last supper.  Here in the quietness before the storm Jesus said this, “One of you will betray me.” They responded with this statement, “Lord is it I?”  We know it was Judas. Then in verse 31 Jesus tell the others, “All of you will be made to stumble because of me this night.”
Why would Jesus take one of his last opportunities  to tell them this!  Why not a message of comfort or love like He had done in other times?   The answer to that question is that He was trying to get them ready for what was to come.  He wanted them to see inside their own hearts.
Stuart Hamblen wrote the song “Is He Satisfied?
“Do you ever search your heart as you watch the day depart?  Is there something  way down deep you try to hide?  If this day should be the end and eternity begin, when the book is opened wide, would the Lord be satisfied?
When my Lord shall come again, when He walks and talks with men, what if every friend He had were just like me?  Would He feel a welcome here or would He go away in tears?  Am I all that I should be?  Is He satisfied with me?”
Maybe, just maybe, God let this time of trouble come to let people have time alone with Him!
Something to think about!




Comments