Getting Together

This past Saturday I went to the Northwest Arkansas airport to pick up my wife. On the way I counted over 350 motorcycles. There were all kinds… big, small, bikes with side cars. As I traveled along I remembered that it was the weekend of Bikes, Blues and BBQ. Later I found out through the news that there were over 400 thousand people in northwest Arkansas and 85 thousand motorcycles!

The next morning at church, I asked why they had such a thing. The bikers just wanted to get together and eat and listen to music as they talked about their bikes. There was one common thing that brought them together: motorcycles!

If there was a call for all truly born-again Christians to gather together for fellowship and food and music, I wonder how many would come together? How many would say, “I would go but my church is different than yours…” and “I can’t fellowship with you because you don’t belong to my church…”? How many would say, “I dress different than you and I can’t come…” or, “We don't believe like they do…”?

I think that God is unhappy with His children in this day because we are so divided over things that we think are so important. Really they cause us to be divided. In heaven they will amount to nothing.

Satan is doing his job well. The church of Jesus Christ could be a great power today if all of God’s children could get along. After all is said and done, won’t we spend Forever together?

We need to get together once in awhile and talk about Jesus, the one who died for all of us and the one who loves us all. By His command we should love each other.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. ~~ I John 3:23

If bikers can get together and fellowship because they all have bikes, then surely Christians could lay aside their differences long enough to fellowship with each other and talk about Jesus.

Just something to think about…

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good thought! Why do we let the little stuff become so big?