Sunrise

For days I have been seeing the most beautiful sunrises. Each day has been like watching a movie, only a movie could not have such beautiful colors in it. I don’t think that any artist can dupicate the colors that God has. As I drive along, I watch the landscape changes and I get to see different views of the sunrise. Each day I couldn’t wait to see what colors God would use just for me..

The other day I said to Pallie Sue, “I want you to go with me to see the sunrise.” She seemed to be very glad to do it, so early on a Saturday morning we went chasing the sunrise. I had forgotten that the sun would rise earlier each morning, so she didn’t get to see the brilliant colors that I had been seeing, but I did buy her breakfast.

From time to time I have thought a lot about God’s handiwork in nature and how we get to enjoy it. The thing that I noticed about the sunrises was that they were never the same. Not one morning duplicated the others that I had seen. The sun would always be in a different spot in the sky and the colors would always be different. As I would drive along I might go down in a valley or I might drive behind some trees, the scene changing all the time. But regardless of where I was, behide a hill or behind some trees or even if clouds covered the sun, it was always there! Each morning I would leave my home anticipating the sunrise. I didn’t always get to see it, but the next day I would look for it again.

Life is like the sunrise. Each morning brings a new day. Each day brings new things. It keeps changing. About the time we think we have seen everything, God brings new colors in our lives. We can choose to see the trees and the clouds or we can look for new colors. We can choose to begin each day with dread and gloom or we can start our day wondering what painting God will show us for this day.

It’s been amazing to me of late how in my morning devotions that I am seeing new things that I had never see before from God’s word. It’s been amazing to me that when I look to the SON He begins to reveal His beauty and glory. I choose to begin each day with Him and to go anticipating the colors he will show me.
The Secret
I met God in the morning, When my day was at its best.
And His presence came like sunrise, Like a glory in my breast.
All day long the presence lingered, All day long he stayed with me.
And we sailed in perfect calmness O’er a very troubled sea.
So I think I know the secret. Learned from many a troubled way,
You must seek Him in the morning. If you want Him through the day.
If you are behide some obstacle, or if your day is cloudy, just keep looking, the sun will shine again.

Comments