His Star

It does not seems like it's been a year since I told you about the bell ringer last Christmas but I guess it has.

I was wondering the other day what I could write about this year, then I saw a sign painter working on a bill board for the Baptist church in Alma. All I saw when I would drive by as I went from school to school with my work, was a big blob of paint of different colors that he was putting on the very large sign. Every time I went by, the sign changed until I could see that he was painting some camels. That’s all he had when it started raining and he pulled off.
The next day I didn’t take note of it because I had a funeral and my mind was on the responsibility of doing a message for a grieving family.

When I arrived the following day, the sign was completed. It turned out to be just a plain sign with camels and now the wise men painted on. But what caught my attention was the words that the painter put on the sign. The only words said:
“Wise men still seek Him.”
For the past few days I have been thinking about that statement and what it meant to me. Two nights ago I stepped out on the porch to get wood for the fire. The night was black, but the night sky was lit up like a Christmas tree. I took a minute to find the north star. Sure enough, there it was, like it has always been.

As I stood on the porch shivering, looking at the stars, I thought about the sign and thought to my self, “ Yes! Wise people still seek Him.”

The wise men had been traveling for months trying to find the Christ Child. They finally arrived, worshipped Him and gave Him their gifts.

Jesus says in John 8:12:
“I am the light of the world, He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
I remember when the star (light) first shined for me as a youth. I have been trying to follow His star for over fifty years. I am still following His Star!

I followed Him to the manger, and I followed Him to the cross, I followed Him to the tomb, and praise be to His mercy and by His grace, I will follow Him to heaven.

I don’t know where His star will lead me to on this earth but I know where He will lead me in the hereafter. Following His star, one can’t go wrong, so keep following no matter where he leads...

Merry Christmas and a very good new year!

Comments