A New Beginning

Well, here it is 2002, and I am still trying to find out what to do in 2001! Where has the year gone?

The other day I was in my upstairs bedroom and was watching the birds in the trees. I could not help but notice that the tree had gone into winter hibernation. There were very few leaves and what leaves were left were dead. Well, it’s winter time and that’s what it’s supposed to do. Come spring the leaves will turn green again. In the book of Genesis chapter 8, verse 22: " While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and summer, and day and night shall not cease." The earth always has a new beginning.

In this book of the Bible, God made a covenant with mankind on the outset of their new beginning. Chapter 9: 12-17: "And God said: ‘This is a sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."

Mankind had just seen clouds with a little rain in them. (Enough to cover the whole earth!) Now God was making a promise to mankind that they would never exprience a flood of the earth again.

Here are few things that I see in this promise:
1. God never said that there would never be clouds in our lives. The fact is, He said, "when I bring a cloud over the earth." So, we will always have clouds. We will always have hard times.
2. The rainbow will be seen in the clouds. There is always something to look up for.
3. God said that when He sees the rainbow in the cloud that He would remember us.

In the year 2002 when we are going through storms and the clouds darken our lives, remember that God is looking on and He will keep his promises.

We may not always be in a line to view the rainbow, but God is, and He said, "I will remember you."

So my prayer for each one of you is that God will be with you every day of this year. Put your trust in Him for He knows all there is to know about this year.

Comments