Connected

One day, not too long ago, I was going about town... running from school to school doing what ever it is that I do. I was asking the Lord for some new thoughts for the family news when I begin to notice the lines that were above my head. You know the kind that runs from pole to pole.

I wondered how many miles of lines there are in the United States. I knew there was no way I could know that, but I thought there must be many millions of miles. The ones I was looking at were seven high.

I got to wondering what kinds there were. I thought of the electic lines that give us power to run all of our gadgets. Then I thought of the phone lines that we can’t live without. There are the t.v. lines that we must have! They have come out with what they call fiber optic lines. I guess this can carry many more things than the regular lines. I'm not sure but I think this is for computers which involve phone lines. The more I think about this, I guess there are billions of miles of lines
.
I think that all of those lines only do two things for us... they give us power and they let us comunicate with each other.

Think of all the things that electric power does for us.

Think of all the ways we comunicate with each other.

If all the power and phones lines were down for a week this whole country would stop dead in its tracks. We, as a nation, wouldn’t know what to do.

I thought of all the numbers that are involved in these two things.

When they come to read our meter to see how much juice we have used for the month they look at numbers.

Think of how many numbers you use when you use the phone. I am glad they are coming out with voice activion. Yes, one just speaks and the phone will dial the number for you. I know that its down the road but they are already using it some. As bad as I hate numbers it will be a blessing for me.

Well, let me get to the point!

As I was thinking about all of this the thought came to me that power and communication is what the Christian life is all about.

We must be connected to the power to comunicate with God!

Praise the Lord we don’t need a bunch of lines and numbers...

All we need do is talk with God and He is voice activated.

Jeremiah 33:1-3. "Moreover the word of the Lord came unto Jermiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord is his name, Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and Mighty (powerful) things, which thou knowest not."

Comments