Brighten Your Corner

Boy, was I tired! Shadow and I had just finished our lesson of an hour. He was in the back of the van laying down, and I in the middle passenger set. I had reclined and was watching the beautiful country side as we drove home. Out the west side of the van the sun was setting and it looked like a big ball of fire. I began to praise God for its beauty and then I thought of what the sun does for us. Here are some things I thought of. In the morning it dispells darkness. It brings beauty to the earth. It wakes the birds and they sing. With its heat, it brings vitality to life. It lifts our spirits. I know there are lots more things that it does, but I will let you think about them.

I have a book in my library by Erich Sauer entitled The Dawn of World Redemption, in which I found a very interesting thing about the sun in comparison to our earth. "In the glowing ball of the giant sun alone there is room for over one and a quarter million such earths as we live on." Wow, what a Great God we have! He spoke and the sun was put in place.

As great as that is, let me give you something about the sun that is greater than anything in the world.

Isaiah 60:19-20, "The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended."

Psalms 84: 11-12: "For the Lord God, is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."

The translation from The Message says: "All sunshine and sovereign is God, generous in gifts and glory. He doesn’t scrimp with his traveling companions."

Judson W. Van Deventer in 1897 caught the meaning of these scriptures in a song.

"I wandered in the shades of night
Till Jesus came to me,
And with the sun-light of His love
Bid all my darkness flee.

Tho’ clouds may gather in the sky,
And billows round me roll,
How ever dark the world may be,
I’ve sunlight in my soul.

While walking in the light of God,
I sweet communion find;
I press with holy vigor on,
And leave the world behind.

I cross the wide extend fields;
I journey o’er the plain,
And in the sunlight of His love
I reap the golden grain.

Soon I shall see Him as He is,
The light that came to me,
Behold the brightness of His face
Thro’-out eternity

Refrain:
Sunlight, Sunlight in my soul today!
Sunlight, Sunlight All along the way!
Since the Savior found me,
took away my sins,
I have had the sunlight of His love within.

Praise God for the sun!!!

Comments