My Legacy

Karla has been working on our family tree, on my mother's side of the family. After reading quite a bit of the past history I have noticed some things that are very interesting. I learned that my great-great-grandparents, William and Elvira Rester, died on the same day in 1890 of pneumonia. That was one of the many things that history has revealed about our family on that side of the tree. There were some things that we don't want to talk about too much.

Well, as I was reading page after page of this history, the question that came to me was, a hundred or two years from now what will my history reveal? What will they say about me? Will it be good or will there be a shade over my life?

The life that I live now will determine what my life will reveal in the future!

I desire that people would think well of me... that I was a good husband to my wife... that I was a good dad to my children... that my relatives and friends thought well of me. But, above all, I would want them to say that I was a Godly man... that I did my best to serve Him with my whole life... that I loved to talk with and about Him... that I loved to sing His praises... that I loved to preach His truth.

As I write this I am praying that God will help me to draw closer to Him than ever before.

Let me leave this scripture with you:

"My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;
For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you.
Let not mercy and truth forsake you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart,
And so find favor and high esteem
In the sight of God and Man."
--Proverbs 3:1-4, NKJV

What will people years from now think about you?

Comments