Christmas in July

I thought I was in the twilight zone. It was 5:15 on a July morning. I was on my way to work. I turned the radio on to the Christian station. What I heard was the song, "Joy to the World, the Lord Has Come." I had all kinds of thought go through my mind. I wondered if the D.J. had made a mistake and put in the wrong tape. About that time another Christmas song came on, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." Then my mind had it all figured out. The D.J. was on vacation and the person that was taking his place was messing up bad. Then I heard the voice of the D.J. saying, "We hope you are having a wonderful Christmas in July." Boy, was I glad that I wasn't going crazy!

I started to change stations but the Spirit seemed to say, you need to listen more. The more I listened, the more in the mood of Christmas I got. Yes, in the middle of July! (I always have a hard time getting in the mood at Christmas.)

The song "O Come, All Ye Faithful" came on. As I listened, my spirit melted within me, as the words of the chorus came on.

O come, let us adore Him.
O come, let us adore Him.
O come let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord.

I think I cried the last few miles to town. Needless to say I had a great day.

Christmas in July? Yes! Try it, you might like it!

"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us." --Luke 2:13-15

In other words, come let us go and adore Him!

Really, I am not crazy! Why not have Christmas all year round? He is worthy, isn't He?

Merry Christmas!

Comments