Shadow's Training Collar

I recently got a new dog. Shadow is a big Black Lab. He is very active and very loveable. That is if you like big dogs. Well, Mr. Shadow and I are in obedience classes.

The trainer told me that I have to have a training collar for Shadow. This thing looks mean. It is designed to get his attention. When he does what I tell him to, it does not bother him, but if he doesn't, I give the leash a real pull and it pinches him. Then he does what I tell him. I mean, he is learning to do what I tell him. He doesn't like to be pinched.

About the second lesson I thought about the scripture in Acts 9:1-5. The Lord was trying to get Saul (Paul) to see the error of his sinful ways. Let's look at what the Lord told him.

Saul had been making it hard on disciples of the Lord. He had gotten letters from the high priest that would give him power to bring any Christians to Jerusalem for trial. On the road to Damascus the Lord revealed Himself to Saul and he fell to the ground and heard a voice that said, "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?" And he said, "Who art thou, Lord?" and the Lord said, "I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."

Let me ask you a question. Do you still have on your training collar? Doe the Lord ever have to pull on your chain and cause a prick to get your attention? He pulls on mine all the time.

Comments