Open Eyes

Some years ago now, I had a very interesting thing happen on my bus that I thought you might enjoy. One of my high school girls finished school and got married. Her little brothers always kept me posted on how Spring was doing.

A year passed and at the start of the next school year the youngest boy got on the bus one morning very excited and said, "Mr. Ezell, guess what!"

I don't know why they always want you to guess. But I had to guess. Finally, I said, "Chris, I don't know what it could be."

"Spring had her baby!"

I said, "Chris, that's great!"

"But, Mr. Ezell, guess what else!"

I said, "Chris, you will have to tell me."

He said, "The baby has got it's eyes open already!"

I guess he thought the baby would be like his puppy. I don't know how I made it to school because I was laughing so much.

Isn't it amazing how long it takes for some of God's children to get their eyes open? I, like so many other pastors, preach week in and week out and we wonder why people don't open their eyes to His love and grace. I mean, I know Christian people who really love the Lord, who can't see God wants to help them with everything in their lives. Think on these things.

Comments